View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I have owned Nordost Heimdall 2, Frey 2 and Tyre 2 speaker cables and WW Silver 7 and Gold 7. I have never heard Cardas.

Generally speaking, the Nordost cables are incredibly fast but can be very much on the bright side so care should be given when matching them up to speakers. The Wireworld cables not do anything wrong and seem to pair up well with most any speakers I have heard.

I don’t own either brand anymore but I would consider WW a much safer bet if you had to make a decision without an in-home audition.
I haven't owned either, but I did demo Nordost Heimdall 2 interconnect for a day. I own a set of lower tiered Audioquest Mackenzie XLR and I must say that the Nordost was much less bright yet a lot more detailed in the upper frequencies.
My Mackenzie is bright enough to hurt/annoy my ears, and at the same volume the nordost XLR was clear and the annoying harsh sound went away.
I could listen to higher volumes with Nordost and still not get the same ear discomfort. Comparing $100 to a $1,000 set is hardly fair though, yet this is all the comparison I have to offer.

I wish I had an opportunity to check out WireWorld as it seems to be a forum favorite but Nordost is the only cable locally distributed interested in a demo, even if my demo isn't the full lineup in my system. At this point I intend on ordering Frey 2 for my system.