View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Greg - not sure why you thought the Luxman facility was not 'clean'. I see nothing in the pic's that would indicate that. Compared to the AR facility visit recently posted https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...434#post893434,
about the only difference I see is the obvious difference in cost per square foot of real estate in MN and Japan (probably 10X). Plus, it appears that Luxman has quite-a-bit larger production staff.
Was interesting in the AR visit that they are in what I call a "business strip-mall".
BAT in Wilmington, DE and Cary in Raleigh, NC are also in business strip-malls and I wonder if Luxman is, as well. While McIntosh has their own 'stand alone' building in Binghamton, NY, am wondering about folks like Ayre & Boulder in Boulder, CO, Pass Labs and Vandersteen in CA, etc. Am guessing they are more are like BAT and rent space as needed. Will also guess they are all doing what makes the most business sense for their company.
Glenn, having dealt with and constructed many facilities for Japanese firms, I was simply expressing my opinion of what the photos revealeved vs what I assumed the Luxman facility might have looked like. That’s all.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,