View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 AM

Olskool...Thank you. I have basically the same questions as Jerome.

How would these be setup & how would they work on wooden shelves (Quadraspire Sunoko)? It was suggested to me that ebony or myrtle wood blocks would be a better outcome on these racks. I also came across this review by Roy Gregory! I'm guessing that using Stillpoints with bases are going to be more sympathetic to a wooden shelf or plinth too...

"...Just to underline that fact, I decided to take things to the next level by substituting Stillpoints Ultra SS's for the myrtle blocks. Bang! Suddenly the performance just came alive with color, impact, poise, energy and intent. But let’s not forget that as impressive as the Ultra SS's are (and you’ll be hearing a lot more about them) it’s the rack that’s acting as the foundation for that performance, providing exactly the firm footing they need to do their thing. After all, the two sets of Stillpoints come close in price to the complete four-shelf rack they’re sitting on..."

Full review here on rack shootout using Stillpoints Ultra SS. www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/atacama_quadraspire_racks_print.htm

So, perhaps wood on wood is better. eg Cardas Golden Cuboids... Hmmm....Tasmanian Fiddleback Blackwood....Pass me the handsaw please Jerome.

Last edited by MyPal; 10-23-2012 at 02:58 AM.