View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Question Will Sabrina rock?

OK--finally got the go ahead from my wife to buy a pair of Sabrinas with an MC275/C22 combo in what would be a dramatic upgrade from my current system. As virtually all of you can attest, they sounded heavenly on vocals, acoustic, and jazz recordings.

But then I asked to hear something with some bass--Talking Heads Stop Making Sense. Surprisingly, I was completely unimpressed, actually depressed. The attack was muted and indistinct compared to my B&W CM-1s with a REL T5 powered by an 50 wpc NAD. We then switched from the 8 ohm jacks to the the 4 ohm--that was better, but I was running out of time for a longer listen.

I know that all systems have strengths and weaknesses, but I'm concerned about making a significant bass sacrifice even as I increase the price level of my components nearly 10X.

Any thoughts on speakers or amp would be appreciated. A couple more details--I am already at the very top end of what I'm comfortable spending, so a second 275 is not in the cards. My room is fairly large--5400 cu ft in an L-shape with the speakers to be at bottom right side of the L.

Thanks!