View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519

Nice!! Just put of curiosity, which of ur cables are Ref XL MM2 & which are Ref MM2? Why did u go that route as opposed to all Ref XL MM2 or all Ref MM2? What are the sonic differences between the two? I'm currently at all Ref MM1 - one set if balanced ICs and one set of spkr cables. Is the difference between Ref XL MM2 & Ref MM2 so significant that I should jump to Ref XL MM2 without first going to the Ref MM2s?
Hi Saint.

The plan was to to go all REF MM2 all the way through, but due to budget restrictions at the time, had to go with a mix of XL & MM2. I am planning on upgrading though. The source cable from turntable to phono & phono to pre are MM2. From pre to amp are XL. The speaker cables are ref MM2. Both the XL & MM2 have similar characteristics, but the MM2 has noticeable difference. In a sentence, the MM2 has more of everything the XL has. More dynamic contrasts, more extended highs, greater, bass with greater texture, better separation of individual instruments within the soundstage. As weird as it sounds, the same music plays louder with the MM2 than with the XL. Both are really excellent cables. The biggest difference I heard by going to Transparent was that when I listen to music now, it doesn't seem like I am listening to a stereo.