View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 07:21 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWInsall View Post
Most older men who can afford new Klipschorns can't hear much above 7 or 8 kHz any way, so the new tweeter is of no significance. I can still hear 17 Khz and prefer the old T-35 tweeter as there was a slight roll-off that rendered live recordings very well. The newer tweeters and crossover used could get a little irritating for me back in the 80's and 90's. I am looking forward to hearing the new Klipsch horns. But I will be more interested in bass performance from 200 Hz down, I chose Concert Grands in the early 70's over Klipschorns then because of bass performance. It. will be interesting to see how the new corner horn models perform today. I preferred Cornwalls in the 60's when I was in college that my room mate had . Only Stacked ML-4's and XR 290's have out performed my tri- amped Grands. Snell A7 were tempting, but no cigar. I hope to audition Magico S7 later on this month. Point source speakers are always compromised seems to me though. Especially used in larger rooms. So I am not expecting a great revelation when auditioning the S7 as I wasn't that happy with the S5 in the bass and most importantly the lower midrange.
Love K-horns. My favorite speaker I have ever owned. But DAMN....they are big.