Thread: Whaddya got?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Whaddya got?

I am interested to see how many servo heads are out there. Please post here with what Infinity equipment you have. Probably mostly speakers but maybe not if you are deep into it. They did make some other equipment.

I have second owner vintage 1983 RSIIa's stock with only new surrounds done by the Harman service center in Hong Kong in 1997. I have a set of IRS Betas also stock with unknown provenance but which are in great condition. They are of 1990 vintage. I also have a set of Harman group Revel F52's which are really the only other high end speaker I have ever heard routinely.

Without a doubt, the Betas, while fussy to set up, are the best I have heard save the Aida's at "you know where". I have heard an 'injured' set of IRS V's at the supplier of my Betas home. One side low end was not working and replaced with a servo controlled genesis sub. Even still, they sounded incredible. I just don't have a big enough room for them!!!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 07-10-2014 at 02:28 PM.