View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolitan777 View Post
Hello Serge, Tikkenator.

Appreciate your reply!!
I'm seriously considering the Sophia II & i hope i can have enough funds within the year.
As far as positioning of the Sophia, how is the spread between the speakers ? How far should the speakers be from the rear wall ?
How critical are they to the placement ?
I noticed in a lot of Wilson advertisement that the rooms they are placed in have no acoustic of any sort. Is there some truth to it ?
How is the bass of the Sophia ? does it tend to be tight ? one that does not escalate ?
I have a pretty bad room note in the room right about the 60-70 hz range.

Thanks guys.- Noli

Noli, I find the Sophia IIs and Sasha's are rediculously easy to setup since they are such well behaved speakers. I've also had bass problems in my room with various speakers, doesn't everyone for the most part? Not with the Wilsons!

Give them at least a few feet away from boundaries and they will not give you any problems.

I personally love the Sophia IIs bass in medium to smaller sized rooms, deep, tight but also very, very, musical bass. It's fullness and great articulation down low is highly addicting!

The Sophia is also great at dynamic contrast, you will be suprised how effortlessly it reproduces dynamic swings. Most amps love Sophia's.