View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMan View Post
Is it sad??? No... not really. I saw it coming. I'll tell you why.

About a two years before the Sigma Series hit the stands I asked Dave (Nauber) what were the development plans for the company. He would normally divulge a few nuggets of information whenever I would ask such a thing but not at that time. He kept what he knew pretty close to his chest which I thought was a little uncharacteristic given our relationship. Six months before the official unveiling, the new series leaked out. I reached out to him to confirm if the rumors of a lower cost Sigma Series were true and he did. I expressed some reservations of the strategy and I asked him if he had any concerns of cannibalizing the Delta Series. He didn't say. I sold my equipment shortly thereafter... ALL OF IT. (Get where I am going?)

Fast forward another year or so to the ill conceived idea B&W had to sell their business to a home automation company. The first thought I had, literally, was... What does this mean to Classe??? After all, EVA wanted to marry their technology with B&W. Well... wait a minute, that is WHY B&W acquired Classe to begin with! So how was this going to work??? Well it wasn't going to work. I suspected they would just sell the brand off but that didn't pan out so here we are.

So is it sad? YES, its sad that the brand became diluted and I warned him so.
Perfectly written. Same here, I was waiting for the new Delta series when I heard the first whispers. I went away from b&w (as a group), there are enough alternatives out there.

But still very sad, the Classe CAP-2100 was the first ‘serious’ piece of equipement I bought.