View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 03:35 PM
Music & Audio Enthusiast

Personally, I like the sound of the XA100.5s.

A couple of years ago, I demoed the XA100.8s in my system for a week and sent them back because I found their sound not as good as the previous generation.

Of course, everything has to do with your own system, room and tastes. I recommend you give Mark at Reno Hi-Fi a call and he'll set you up.

Two-Channel System: Oppo BDP-105D -> WireWorld Silver Starlight 7 HDMI and Coaxial -> Bryston BDA-3 DAC -> WW Silver Eclipse 7 XLR -> Bent Audio Autoformer Volume Control Passive Line Stage -> WW Silver Eclipse 7 XLR -> Pass Labs XA100.5 monoblocks -> WW Silver Eclipse 7 -> Magnepan 20.7s

Power Distribution: Shunyata Research Hydra Cyclops (for XA100.5s) and Shunyata Research Hydra 4 α (for sources)

Power Cables: Shunyata Research Ξtron Cobra (for Cyclops), Shunyata Research Venom-HC (for XA100.5s and Hydra 4 α), WireWorld Silver Electra 7 (for BDA-3)

Tweaks: GIK Acoustics room treatment, HIFI-Tuning Fuses and Cardas Audio Tweeter + Mid-Range Jumpers on 20.7s, Mye Sound Magnepan speaker stands

Other: PS Audio Power Port outlets, Square D Whole House Surge Protective Device, dedicated 20-ampere lines

Last edited by cma29; 09-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.