View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 11:22 AM

Default Ayre vs McIntosh Amps/Preamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadave View Post
Based on the number of responses, there doesn't appear to be too much crossover between these two brands so I guess I'll try it a different way. For those who own McIntosh, why did you choose McIntosh? For those who own Ayre, why did you choose Ayre?

I really like the synergy between Sonus Faber and McIntosh. The MA6600 and SF Liuto's was my first step into HiFi, it sounded so good I could not believe it. The Amati Futuras came up for sale on this forum and I jumped on them (I have enjoyed them tremendously). To be honest I have never tried different gear but I do believe you can't decide on the electronic gear in a vacuum and must consider the speakers also.

I love the look of both products as well!

Why I chose McIntosh:
1) Synergy with Sonus Faber
2) Sound quality (silky smooth and has a natural tone that you can listen to for hours)
3) Build quality (made in USA)
4) Aesthetic (I love the classic look and the meters)
5) History behind the brand
6) Currently have no interest in any other brand except for media servers as the Silenzio is awesome (full disclosure [emoji3] if it ain't broke don't fix it)
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer

Last edited by jfray; 12-28-2016 at 11:25 AM.