View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beet Farmer View Post
With the possibilities of trying most of the combinations within reach.. I say you should do some listening and decide. Rather than accept theory from folks who are not able to hear your system.
But fora starting setup....
I would place the $150 cord on the digital player. Since it is not 'decoding the music.'
Trying out where to place the Hurricane is the key. I would start with it on the integrated. Thus the Thunder are to the Niagara, and DAC.
BUT, after listening to the setup for a few weeks, I would certainly TRY the Hurricane on the Niagara, then on the DAC.
What matters is where they all make the best music.
And, just also try the Hurricane to the Integrated from the wall. just to hear it that way vs on the Niagara.
(Particularly if you have an audiophile duplex in the wall? If not, you should get one..Compared to the AQ power cords cost, a good duplex is very cheap, and may also upgrade the sound a bit. even if all it powers is the Niagara.
Tie breaker, I believe that I can help answer this question. Definitely use the Hurricane from the wall to the 1000. I know someone high up in the food chain at AQ. It is AQ's strong advice to use the best cord at the wall.

Last edited by Charles; 02-14-2019 at 04:54 PM.