View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Life is beautiful

Default Treating our room. Part II

Last year, there was a first step in getting our room acoustically optimised.
You can read about that here:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38497

After Ben's first visit, we ordered the panels and small blocks he carefully chose.
Something went not quite well, the order that arrived in The Hague proved to be the wrong one.
Then there was a very serious delay in the factory.
But finally the panels arrived at our house a couple of months ago.
I placed the small blocks in the corners (and I managed to do this in an incorrect way! ), and the red panels in the fauteuils, and made an appointment with Ben.
What we also did between Ben's visits: placing a thick Nepalese handknotted carpet on our wooden floor.

And so last month Ben came!

I told him we already noticed some improvement: less echo, a considerably quieter room.
In fact, I was expecting some further improvement with his second visit, but no miracles.
We would still remain stuck with our glass wall on the left side, wouldn't we?

We started by measuring the first reflection points.
I sat down in the sweet spot and he told me what to do.

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 09-02-2018 at 07:34 AM.