View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
With all due respect I think you may be confusing the large inductors in the ground noise dissipation system with transformers. True isolation transformers are only in the 7000 and that is the primary difference between it and the 5000. If you look at the description of the 7000 it states:

Two Discrete Symmetrical AC Power Isolation Transformers (not shown)
These massive transformers provide 100% isolation from the middle four AC source outlets, from the middle four source AC outlets and the high current AC outlets. Additionally, symmetrical induced noise (common-mode) is reduced to the lowest level possible, over the widest range of frequencies possible.

Those transformers (which it notes are not shown in the pictures) are not in the 5000 and are what accounts for the 43 lbs. additional weight of the 7000.
Thank you for the help. I suspect that I was given misinformation about the transformers. The rest of what I said is correct. The important thing about both units is that for them to work properly, they must be in the engaged mode when amps and sources are on and that for the standby mode to be operating properly you must hear a distinct click as described above. Again thank you. I have learned a lot about my Niagara's from this thread.