View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM

Here is the answer:

* What is the battery life expected?
-The LiFEPO4 Batteries have an life expectancy of over 20 years. There are three banks; one powering the audio board, the other acting as a UPS, and the third charging. Each bank is cycled through each state.

* Can i do the replacement when they would be empty?
- Based on the above, I don't think you will have to worry about replacement of the batteries.

* What difference are between OCXO clocks on both models?
- The OCXO clock is the same in the N10 and W20.

* What accuracy clock have i to put to really improve the W20 sound?
- Since using an external word clock is more about noise reduction, and each clock has different operating frequencies, we can’t say what accuracy level is better than the internal clock on the W20.

* What is the bit rate on Dual Aes output?
- The Dual AES/EBU output supports up to 24/192khz (24/96 on each channel).

* Do you recommend this option to drive my Esoteric D02X vs USB?
- We've found many end users prefer many different configurations depending on the system and the DAC, but in general the Dual AES/EBU option is the best sounding.

* Will be the W20 upgradeable to the future new model?
- We don't have a plan for a future model yet, so there are also no plans for offering an upgrade to the W20.

* How many Ram storage have each model?
- Both the N10 and W20 have a 240GB SSD for caching files for playback.

* Could i change the HHD to SSD?
- We don't support changing the HDD's to SSD's.

* Could you explain more profoundly the difference between these two models?
- In general, the differences between the W20 and N10 are going to come down to the resolution of your system and also the capability of the connected equipment. If not using the word clock input or Dual AES output on the W20, the main differences between the W20 and N10 are the power supply and the chassis construction. The HDD’s are encased in an aluminum enclosure in the W20 to reduce noise, and the chassis is also quite a bit better insulated from external vibration. The W20';s battery power supply isolates the audio board from external AC line noise and the SMPS allows us to use larger 3.5" hard disks for increased storage capacity. If you are able to use the Dual AES and word clock options, there is no doubt the W20 is a much better performance product than the N10; if not able to use these features, the sound quality differences may be subtle or they may be profound depending on the system.

Last edited by Nacho; 03-21-2017 at 08:54 AM.