View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
I realized I posted that info and picture awhile back -- but it's the wrong album cover/issue. I inadvertently thought they changed the cover because the original issued in 1955 was a bit risqué for the era; but, no, that wasn't the case. Same title but officially known as Volume II. The Volume II by AP @ 200g/45rpm is probably just as sweet and luscious but I haven't heard it.

The one I meant to recommend is this one. Any mint Liberty pressing or especially remastered Boxcar by Bernie Grundman is so lovely. It is a mono recording but you'd be hard pressed to find fault with it.

This Boxstar Records release has been mastered from the original Liberty full-track Mono Analog Master. Remastered by Bernie Grundman on his all-tube disc cutting system, and pressed at Record Technologies, Inc. this 45rpm/2 disc set represent the finest audiophile high quality 180 gram vinyl available. It contains notes by multi-Grammy awards Stan Cornyn, along with a current remembrance from Arthur Hamilton, a lifelong friend of Ms. London, and the composer of the standard, CRY ME A RIVER."

The 45rpm, 2LP Tracklist .

A1 Cry Me A River
A2 I Should Care
A3 I'm In The Mood For Love
B1 I'm Glad There Is You
B2 Can't Help Lovin' That Man
B3 I Love You
C1 Say It Isn't So
C2 It Never Entered My Mind
C3 Easy Street
D1 's Wonderful
D2 No Moon At All
D3 Laura
D4 Gone With The Wind

Best Sir & sorry for the confusion,

Bob
I'm on it.

Thanks!

McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)