View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziggy View Post
I have the MC452 driving ML 11As which are fairly demanding (dip below 1ohm in higher frequencies) and they don’t even break a sweat. When the meter hits half way it’s shaking the walls.

Something I don’t think was mentioned is the source is pretty important as well, especially if you are streaming. I recently added a Meridian 218 dac/streaming Roon endpoint and it was a game changer in my system. Before that was using AppleTV and native Tidal FLAC through Marantz HEOS. You can have the most amazing amp/preamp but you are transferring the original source. Something to factor in in addition to the preamp.
Oh man, now you are digging me a hole! Yes I get what you are saying. Like putting a cheap lens on a $5000 Nikon. So I have never heard of Roon but, did look it up. Seems it is music gathering software/player. I do have a Shiit DAC that I was using with my modded Sonos Connect. I feel like the DAC is good but, get a little annoyed with the Connect.

Interesting on the other comment about the 252. I am running a mc300 now but, I really just want a more modern amp. I do feel the 300 is sufficient and i'm not sure how much i could sell it for.

please keep the comments coming, I'm soaking all this up!