View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Higgins View Post
Folks-

After reading the reviews in this forum about the quality of Esoteric products, I finally bought one but had my doubts because I had been using a dCS Puccini, then a dCS Vivaldi.

I have Ivan to thank for considering Esoteric after my local dealer and others had told me - "they sound too digital." BTW - I only use digital sources - I am not a vinyl person.

After picking one up the K-01Xs on a 125 lb pallet, and finally unbundled the beast, I found the sound a bit harsh. Instant buyer's remorse, but I picked up an Isotek break-in disk and have been running it night and day.

Today I played it on a variety of different musical genres after a 2-week wait, and the sound is the best I have ever heard! It does require a break-in period, but the sound now is spectacular, and I have sold off the dCS Vivaldi One.

Thank-you everyone! I am now in listening heaven. Thank-you so much - Gerry
Very envious Gerry, seriously though congrats. Since you have owned both the DCS Vivaldi and now the K-01xs, can you tell me why you prefer the Esoteric? I am just curious.

I have noticed that others on this forum have preferred the Esoteric over DCS as well. I would have thought that the DCS would offer some advantage because of the FPGA, and thus you can always upgrade the DAC.