View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
From 02/14/2013:

Bob!!! Holy cow! I got the tubes today and decided to pop them in (my dad didn't seem to interested so I didn't wait for him to arrive

I honestly have a hard time believing in some of this "snake oil" and hocus pocus on what makes a difference (wires/power cords/equipment feet etc), but I have to say...this was a HUGE DIFFERENCE. It's like a whole different animal. A "Gold Lion", if you will.

I'm kind of shocked...I wonder why the don't jack up the price a hundred bucks and pop those in from the factory? It is a different sound, maybe it's not in line with the McIntosh factory sound.

Now I've only listened to a few songs of course, but my immediate impression is that a veil has been lifted. Much more presentable soundstage width and depth. It does, however, seem to pump up the bass and treble a little on the ends of the spectrum. I don't know if that's to be expected. But regardless, everything is more articulate.

Question: Do you think they mellow a little after they burn in? I almost want them to...just a tiny bit. It is kind of bright with my 802's. I can't believe that one guy on the forum was saying they are "muddy". No way.

Marc

Best Sir,

Bob ��
Blast from the past! Yeah I really liked them. Steve AKA SL1800 has my C2300 now.