View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Congratulations! I've been loving my Sabrinas for almost two years now.

When I selected them, I was actually intending to upgrade my B&W speakers to the new 803D3 and my dealer strongly recommended a comparison to the Sabrinas. I spent several hours with a selection of my own vinyl that I brought in covering several genres that I listen to, from classical to jazz to progressive rock. In short, the Sabrinas were an overwhelming winner to me for classical and jazz, while the 803D3 had a slight edge for rock, mainly because of the increased heft they gave to the bass.

I was leaning towards an Audio Research Ref75SE amp to match my Audio Research Ref6 preamp and Phono 2SE, but was also concerned about a tube amp (mainly due to tube life in my case as I run my AV setup through my two channel setup as well - didn't relish new tubes every year or two). My dealer had a used D'Agostino Classic Stereo amp available though, and when I heard that hybrid combination with the Sabrinas there was no question in my mind. I've been enjoying this setup for half a year now, and couldn't be happier.

Enjoy!