View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
I'm not sure about the policy of this forum regarding posting links to other forums but you can google it (e.g. AQ Volcano DBS 144V, Everest, etc.) and you'll see links to audiogon, audiocircle, soundstage.com and even images... It's a very well known fact that 144V DBS is enhancing the sound of AQ loudspeaker cables. I've also tried their adapters and increased voltage on their interconnect cables but with no positive effect... Only loudspeaker and digital cables work better this way!
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest Hurricane High Current 72V DBS, AudioQuest NRG-10 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen w USPCB A>B Adapter
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
Correct..no links to other forums. Many years ago I had 4 pair of AQ Volcano speaker cables (Mont Blanc before that), 2 pair of 40 foot Gibraltar speaker cables, 7 pair of SKY interconnects, 2 SKY cables terminated for REL subwoofers, 2 pair of Raven 110ohm, several Eagle Eye 75ohm, all of which took DBS packs. I also loved their YIQ-5 component video cables.

I can personally attest to the positive effects of up'ing the voltage on the DBS from 72v to 144v by getting the extra leads and couplers from AQ and adding a 2nd battery pack. The difference was noticeable to my ears. I tried higher voltage but frankly, above 144v, I could not hear any benefit. I did post my feedback on this on another forum way back when....