View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 08:41 PM

... this is the LP12 with an Alphason HR-100S tone arm. The counter weight is not on the tone arm in the picture and neither is a cartridge. This is the LP12 that I mentioned earlier that I am pondering to purchase. There is a chip in the outer platter on the very lip of the outer edge. The platter should be replaced, I think. This unit has a Lingo 1. I have a Bronze Ortofon cartridge that I could use on it.
I'm just not sure what to do.
Let my LP12 go for the Alphason/LP12 or stay with mine?
I like my current LP12, which is a Valhalla and Basik LVX - Adikt. I'm thinking about passing on this Alphason/LP12 and hang on until a more upgraded one comes along.
I never heard an LP12 until I bought mine. I didn't know very much about TTs either. I did do some research and the LP12 shone through for me. I thought it looked great. I figured the upgrade thing would be great. Then mine showed up at my local audio shop and I grabbed it.
When I discovered how nice it is to operate I was pretty pleased. It's like silk.
It's pretty wild to sit across the room and look at a piece of black plastic going silently around and around on a turntable and how a delicate speck of diamond touches it and the sound that travels through that tone arm mechanism then through some wire and a few more black boxes and out into the room comes such pleasant music. Whew!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2230.jpg (95.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2226.jpg (93.6 KB, 81 views)