Thread: Lafite thoughts
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM

Bakerman. I'll try get some more photos in a bit - but how do you like Loop's Lafites? He got a custom wood veneer - they are gorgeous.

Mikeyc. Yup a cartridge is next on my list, Probably an EMT (In fact just recently I foolishly purchased a used EMT HSD-6 on Audiogon (I figured this would be a good way to try one out) it was advertised as having less than 50 hours playtime. When I had the cartridge checked by Soundsmith they said the stylus was considerably worn and needed replacing. Of course no word from the seller when I tried to get a refund)

Gort' Yeah the Lafites are quite directional, they definitely need to be pointing at you. I find them more sensitive to direction in the vertical plane rather than the horizontal plane. They don't sound so good when you're standing, but I can pretty much enjoy them from anywhere on my couch. They're not as bad as they look - I've definitely had some speakers in the past that were more sensitive to sweet spot.

Doug
Accessories. Mr T. Shindo + Auditorium Cables.