Thread: Audio Research?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
The ARC+SF room at CES was solid; however the salespeople and "managers" were worthless and arrogant. In other words, the experience tainted my view of both brands to the point where I would probably never consider them personally or for a recommendation.

If you loved LAMM so much, stick with it - plus it sounds like they treated you very well. Not to mention the simple elegance of how LAMM's look vs. Accuphase/ARC is a huge plus on the aesthetics side.
The perceived arrogance of some sales guys has very little bearing on what the gear sounds like in my own room. Now, if this kind of attitude encompasses the company as a whole and affects their customer service, that would be a turn off for sure. I have not dealt with ARC in many years so I just don't know.

Lamm is a small company indeed. Most of the time if I had a question or needed something from them, I got to speak to Vladimir or his wife directly. They have always responded to my technical questions both through email and on the phone and were both very helpful and courteous.