View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryProtein
If that carbon fiber mat was so great for improving resolution, surely when spending $30,000 for a CD player or $50,000 for their music server, Burmester could include a $100 mat [that cost $1 to manufacture] with the machine. I mean, how could such a well regarded company neglect to include something so simple, so inexpensive and so beneficial with a world class machine????????????????????????

It sounds more to me like one company simply refuses to knock another's products lest they get their own products knocked.

. . . . and a CD that plays test tones to clean a system?? OMG please save me from this!
Gary,

I agree fully with you and I would add this:
The problem with these tweaks is that you cannot test them directly most of the time, like power cords.
Most of the folks here do not have 2 identical cd players that could play at the same time on the same preamp.
Same for power cords. Maybe that many people including me would cry if we could instantly hear the effect of some high end expensive PCs, listening to them in direct mode.
One hears a tune. Then he changes something and hears again and think that his memory is like a photo or a written text while it is not.
Even without changing anything. 10 minutes apart from 2 listenings of the same tune, we can hear things a bit differently.
Just because everything changes all the time....
The only way to really know a difference between two components is direct A/ B.
Dan could do it with its 2 x MCD1100 but I doubt that he will insert this in his beloved players....
The "test tones that clean a system" is probably one of the best placebo effect of the audio market. Once again, no way here to direct A/B test it.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado