View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Jerry,

You have seen the light! The Kondo stuff really is mind blowingly musical. I had a chance to chat with Masaki-san, the President, Engineer, Owner of Kondo and you can feel the passion in the products produced. One bit of good news, Masaki-san prefers the Ongaku to the Gakuon monoblocks. He says the Ongaku is sweeter although less powerful. I was worried he would prefer the monoblocks putting the ultimate Kondo setup even further out of reach

Jerry, Keep the Meridian. It is world class and so easy to use.

Then get an Overture plus a pair of Westminsters and your TT for the bedroom. Job done. Nice and simple and mind-blowing great sound.

I am now seriously considering how to swap in a pair of Westminsters and an Ongaku into my system. Preamp will have to come later as the M1000 Mk II preamp is about the same price as the Ongaku itself

howie
Jerry better have a King Sized bedroom for those Westminsters!

Howie, before spending $100k on Ongaku, do listen to Shindo. I don't think there will be nearly as much to gain from pure silver wired Ongaku as compared to Shindo which is also very purist by design as the price difference might suggest. Immediacy, palpability, harmonic richness beyond description of 99.9% of audio gear out there is also within the realm of Shindo. Of course it's your wad of cash to blow! I'm just sayin...