View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Quick Update

I decided to go with the MX-Rs in black. I am going a little unorthodox in that I am going to keep the Ref 250s in the system as well. So I will buy another run of Transparent speaker cable and hook up to the MX-Rs.

So the system will normally be set up for HT with the MXR/KXR triggering on when the Classe processor is turned on. So in HT mode...it will be all SS amps running the Wilson HT setup

For extended 2 channel listening...I will just need to transfer the XLR connections from the MXR to the Ref 250...and switch the speaker connections on the Sasha end(I will have two cables at the speaker...only one connected at a time...(one to each amp so I don't have to get behind amps for change out) Then the KXR will send signal through the 250s.

Although it does require about 5 min to swap..It will give me a better HT system in terms of not worrying about running tubes for TV watching...one that I can listen to in 2 channel mode for shorter listening sessions...and still have the option to enjoy the better performance of the Ref 250s for longer sessions