Thread: Magico S5
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:10 AM

Jon...thank you so much for the feedback and for the comparisons to Rockport and SF. I have only heard the Magicos at Goodwins with either Boulder or Spectral electronics and the sound, while extremely resolving which is a good thing, always sounded a bit thin and tonally bleached. Like everything else, it sounds like if they have the right partnering electronics, they can sound tonally natural and fleshed out, which is great to know. Thanks for relaying your impressions. If you do get a chance to listen to the S5s side-by-side to the Q3s, please let us know what you think as that will be a very interesting comparison. I guess the Aviors would be competing from a price standpoint with the S5s even more so than the Q3s which as you mentioned are $10K more expensive, so that will be an interesting comparison too. As I have communicated in varios threads on AA, I am a big fan of the Rockport house sound but I am always open to something better. In any case, thanks again and good luck with your research/auditions/final purchase decision