View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:17 PM
Listener in Training

Here's the living room, with the niche towards the left of the photo. To the right, just outside the picture, is the sliding glass door to the patio. It's an open floor plan, with the photo taken from the kitchen. The round covers in the floor in the foreground will be electrical outlets. The wire in the foreground will be used to pull through the speaker wire we will reuse from the old house. In retrospect, I would have placed those floor apertures a bit farther from the wall, as there is more room for traffic than I envisioned from the drawings.

We wired the ceiling for rear speakers, which gives us choices once we're settled in. My one reservation about having the rear floor standing speakers is they may be really awkward in an open floor plan - this isn't a dedicated listening room (ah, downsizing!). Does anyone have thoughts about in-ceiling speakers as rear speakers in a 5.1 setup, and things to watch out for? My plan at the moment is to just have caps in the ceiling, and only do something there if we opt not to have floor standing rears.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg user18_pic5131_1579918939.jpg (95.5 KB, 117 views)
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable

Last edited by Masterlu; 01-27-2020 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Update photo