View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 08:16 PM

Gentlemen was here approx 40 only because my schedule was tight. He completely agrees with my assessment. He knows the gain for RCA Stereo connection needs to be increased by 10dB. His thoughts and report have been sent to Boston, USA HQ. May have been sent across the pond with no effort on their end due to very low count of owners complaining. I have already let mr dealer know I may want to exchange for a JL Audio. The rep will work with dealer to get purchase towards the JL. For this TOTL B&W sub to require maxed gain settings and nearly maxed equalization to be enabled to get acceptable output is beyond me how this even left the drawing board to be manufactured. Not all users have the ability for balanced outputs from an integrated amp or use a processor with sub out plus xover and gain settings for 2 channel music enjoyment. Jesus, this should mare seamlessly with their own speakers via all input connections. Kudos to the B&W rep for making all effort to please the customer. What happens up the chain is beyond his control.

I urge any other DB series users using the RCA Stereo input (not LFE) to express your opinion to B&W if you are the least bit dissatisfied.

Last edited by miner; 06-14-2019 at 08:29 PM.