View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid325 View Post
Would anyone be able to compare these to SF Cremona M's? Any personal experience, opinions? I'm thinking of up-grading and these are a serious contender for me. I've listened to them, just not in my room with my equipment.

Thoughts?

Jacob
I upgraded from Cremona M's to the Sopra No. 3. I know you're asking about the Sopra No. 2, but perhaps my experience might be a guide.

Both are very good speakers, but the Sopra 3's are another step beyond the Cremonas. The Sopra is more neutral in sound and has far more deep bass response. The Sopra beryllium tweeter is so smooth and never calls attention to itself, but presents all the high frequencies in a very natural way. The Cremonas are more colored to the extent that they have a somewhat artificial "sheen" to the sound because of their upper midrange and lower treble emphasis. The Sopras have more midrange "body" on vocals and acoustic instruments, whereas the Cremonas can sound a bit thin there. However, in my listening room the Cremonas produced a deeper soundstage with more precise imaging. The Sopra 3's present a bigger but somewhat less precise image. The soundstage of the Sopra 3 is still very, very good.

My ARC electronics drives both speakers without any issues whatsoever.