View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 10:11 AM

Can't shed light on your HDMI issues but can chime in on LEDs.

A few years ago I installed a now canceled LED kit into a C2200 or C2300 from a well known amp reseller. The kit was extensive, well thought out and therefore expensive. Now discontinued. Toughest part was sanding off the discoloration of the white backside of the meter case.

I also restored a MC2125 amp electronically and since the amp owner was a manager for a international provider of LED lighting for emergency vehicles he asked me to convert his amp and MX117 to LEDs.

LEDs do not work well in the PG indicator circuits and getting the meter color correct with even the labeled soft white LED lamps took a considerable amount of fussing to find the correct mix of color gels. The light boxes falling into a dozen pieces due to overheating did not help any. Finally with the help of two of my photographer neighbors we found the right combination of gels and with new meter boxes got the meters right.

I just finished restoring one of two more MC2125s. Again the light boxes have issues and since I did not dare disassemble the boxes to change the gels I installed soft white LEDs, showed the owner the differences between the LEDs and a Mc2155 and Mc2205 I have here and sent him on his way, knowing his 2nd MC2125 would be coins soon.

So what is the bottom line now........he has one MC2125 that "sounds so much better" but with tarty meter lighting and the waiting to be restored MC2125 that will have to be the experimental unit to sort out the over the top LED lighting.

Restoration done correctly takes time and experimentation if it is going to be done correctly, period correct if at all possible or desired.

I doubt if you will find that at a auction site.