View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 02:37 PM

Default Any new thoughts on front panel lighting?

Although I haven't done a lot of research on the subject -- lately -- I did recently read that certain "go to" Mac suppliers have gotten out of the LED business. Obviously, vintage Mac stereo equipment comes with incandescent lighting that, by definition, will require periodic replacement.

Not that this hasn't been covered many times before, but I simply don't have the time to work on our stereo equipment very often, so I'd like to do the job once and happily stare at our old Mac stuff for a long time to come...so I'm asking if anyone has any up to date thoughts on LED replacements for front panel lighting?

I recently saw a couple of eBay listings from a seller named "captainfantastic07" in Brooklyn, NY. Specifically, he's selling warm white and green "frosted" LEDs that are supposed to replace the incandescents in certain older Mac units. Has anyone had any experience with these kits?

Thanks for your time ~ 70sMac

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections