View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I realize there are three points of concern to me on my system and they are listed in no particular order:

1. More accurate and defined bass is desired. I'm not using any kind of sub at this time. The REL I have does not seem to blend well the ML Spire.

2. Power Cords. Stock cords are being used on all components in conjunction with the Pole Pig and S600.

3. Vibration Control. My rack is set up between the speakers. I had once moved it out to a side wall which made a HUGE improvement but usage of the living room went to hell in a hand basket. It made me think that vibration was having a large impact on the sound to a point.

Considering the three elements mentioned above, where would you concentrate your efforts first?
I still don't fall into the camp of power cords so in my opinion, (right or wrong) that's last on the list. I'd then ask if you are set on keeping this specific set of speakers (I presume yes) so now you are going to have to live with their inherent limitations, if any. That rules out speaker change. I don't know enough about subs to speak so that rules #1 out of my opinion range

I guess I'd fall back and ask does your room sound as good as is possible?

If yes then if it were me (with my predisposition against power cords and your not finding a sub you like) I'd suggest it's done.

If no, then I think hammering the room into good sound would be money well spent, regardless of power cords or anything else.

I've always felt you need to get your speakers working correctly FIRST and after you know they're in good shape, then you start working on your room. After your room is in good shape, THEN you can fiddle with the little nuanced items like power cords or crystal watches and magic cubes.

Just my opinion.