View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 01:16 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

James

I have your A2’s set up in nearly an equilateral triangle with toe in to barely see the inside edge of the each cabinet. I was going to list all the material I covered over a two hour period, but instead will leave it generalized with rock, female and male vocals, jazz, blues and orchestral music.

Tonal balance and timbre are exceptional. Imaging dead on. The bass? Tight, punchy and deep. They aren’t at all fussy about placement that I could tell. They play loud and effortlessly. In many recordings, I just smiled to myself at the ability they have of disappearing and letting me see the event in my head—wonderful. Drums, piano, upright bass, strings, horns, you name it, they were all spot on. Transient swings were powerful and dynamic. They beg you to keep upping the volume.

I thought my old speakers were fantastic at detail retrieval, but these picked up every nuance and some I had never heard before in a natural way that was amazing. Piano sounds live and in the room with tinkling of the keys. Strings sing with a shimmering quality. Vocals are liquid and lifelike. Drums….well, you will have to hear them to believe how good they are. I could go on, but you get the idea. These Bryston A2’s replaced a pair of well-known and respected speakers from 1997 that originally retailed for $3,000 and in nearly every way the A2 bested them. I will agree with others that the A2’s are an absolute monster for the price.

James, this is a job well done and congratulations on turning out a fantastic speaker for the money. By the way, my 19 year old Bryston 4B ST never blinked and I believe could have pushed these speakers to near concert levels with ease. I was never tempted to push my preamp volume to more than -12 and really enjoying things at lower levels in the -15/18 range.

Given my experience, I would say the A2’s are in the league with speakers costing 2-3 times more.

I think that any improvement in the already very good ultra-high frequency area and you will have a “giant killer” rivaling speakers selling for even higher prices. I couldn’t be more impressed.

Thank you again, James.

Sincerely,
Jay