View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
Thanks Masterlu! I had the network reconfigured by a local professional. We both service the same clientele, and I have always heard good things about he fixed the unfixable. But he can only fix up to the road. I suspect the problem is that I live in what cable/electric companies call a semi-rural area. I discovered this after Hurricane Sandy. I don't have the population density to be of importance to them. I have decided not to fight them....see definition of insanity.
Hello Lars -
We too had Comcast issues. The tech was able to test the internal wiring separately, and concluded it was the line to the house from the street (about 150 feet). Problem solved with a new line from the pole to the house. The cable had become water logged over the years and thus highly lossy. You might keep pushing them on this.

Also, your internal wifi/ethernet network should not depend on the WAN (wide-area-network, i.e. Comcast). Sounds like you have already split out the modem and wifi/router boxes. You should be able to disconnect the cable modem and still have full internal ethernet (i.e. LAN) and wifi working. Sorry if this has been tried already.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 02-14-2018 at 06:55 PM.