View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:00 PM

Hi Jerome- No doubt a restored Garrard would seem to be a great fit, and of course, many in the Shindo circle have taken that path. With regard to the GTA, it is a very good table. It has a lively, engaging sound, and that chameleon like quality which gets out of the way of the music. At it's 4K (US) price point, it does a hell of a lot right. In fact, I'm not of the mindset that I want to replace it with another table. My intention is to have a 2nd full turntable setup. I want to have that so called OTHER flavor, to enjoy
along with the GTA. Not only that, I have a Croft/Harbeth P3 setup that isn't getting much action, due to the fact that I'm running only digital through it. You may very well have a point with the Linn LP-12.... I do want to make this purchase with the Shindo setup 1st in mind. I was looking at used LP-12, Ekos 2 for under 4K. I would love to keep this purchase in that price range, and leave an extra 1.5K for a nice cartridge. Not only do I not want to spend big money at the moment, but let's face it, the more you spend on a piece of audio gear, the more you tend to lose if/when selling.