View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Sorry to have put suggestions in your head!

One fascinating thing about vinyl is the way you can build up and alter the sound by adjusting an infinite number of things on the turntable, not to mention the different tonearms, tonearm cables, cartridges, phono preamps etc.

In fact this is one of the most fun parts of system building and shouldn't be viewed as being a chore. It presents a great challenge and fun challenge to have all these world class products that you can afford. The only criteria you have to consider is the sound!

Vinyl is pretty left field for you Ivan hence my suggestion for you to reach out of the comfort zone of US built battle tanks with XLR connectors and consider the ultra exotic Japanese products. You might find you enjoy the absolutely fanatical attention to detail rarely found on machine manufactured products.

For someone who is the living embodiment of pushing everything to the limit and only settling for the best, you owe it to yourself to try and hear them at least. A quick flight to the distributors would not be out of order. I think I listened to at least 20 different high end cdp before buying my Orpheus

Yes, all these will be with different rigs but the more you hear the more you will be able to differentiate the sound signature of each item. It's no different with vinyl as it is with cdp actually and that is the fun part!!!

howie