View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Searching for the Sound!

Default Lamm 1.2 Reference Monoblocks

As some of you may know, I have spent the last 12-18 months on a quest to begin the upgrade process and take my rig into the 21st century. To say my rig needs updating, is really an understatement. And while my system has provided countless hours of enjoyment, and owes me not a dime, I cannot say without any more fervor, it is time and has been a long time coming. And I don't think I will get my arguments from you fellow AA's regarding my current system of:

Hafler DH 500 amp
McIntosh C-29 pre
Thiel 3.6 speakers
Pioneer Elite DV-45A CD/DVD player
Audioquest cables

So my journey has crossed 18 states (I do alot of business travel) and along the way I have listened to many top brands, MBL, Boulder, Naim, Mark Levinson, VTL, Krell, McIntosh, Lamm, Audio Research, Spectral, Wilson, Nola, Sonus Faber, Dan D'Agostino, Magico just to name a few. And if I have learned 1 thing from this experience and especially this board, is that system synergy is key.

So here's good news: I have decided to buiild the system around Wilson Sasha's, driven by Lamm 1.2 Reference Monoblocks with an Audio Research Ref 5.

The bad news is that I can't buy everything at once. But I have made the first big step and found an excellet deal on a used pair of the Lamm 1.2s.

Amps should be here Thursday!

Can't friggin wait!

Rich

Last edited by darkstar; 04-19-2011 at 06:46 PM.