View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 03:29 PM

Default Most wanted new McIntosh product?

McIntosh seems to be putting out a lot of new products lately, so I thought I’d start a thread for new products you’d most like to see...

My #1 request is a soundbar.

I know a soundbar is not home theater quality but everyone has a tv mounted to a wall somewhere that ding a soundbar below improves the audio. I’m not looking for a crazy surround system in my bedroom so I bought a Samsung HWF-750 because it integrated with my TV and it had vaccuum tubes that looked cool when turned on. Hey, if
You’re going to hang it on your bedroom wall, you might as well pick something that looks good too!

A basic 42”-65” wide soundbar with a glowing Meter in the center and mounts flat to the wall would be a homerun for me. Ive got much nicer mcintosh gear on other rooms of the house but a simple and clean soundbar to enhance the tv would be an easy purchase for me. I dont want inwall or stands with speakers, wiring, amps, processors...just a true all in one unit ready to play. If I can stream music from my tablet, even better, but I can’t imagine needing any other features.

McIntosh seems to be doing more and more with integrated lately, and they already have excellent speaker technology and components, shouldnt be that much of a leap to produce something...