View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 01:25 PM

For any folks who may try this resistor stuff.
For The Duelund, break in experience: (just so you know)
At first, right away, and first couple of days the sound is darker (than it will become after break in)
Then for a few days it starts to brighten up. So much so it seems a little tilted to the treble. And after say ten days.. finally settles down (no longer bright or heavy) to the real sound.
Natually this is a bit subtle. But you guys would hear it...

Reminds me of the way Rhodium plated plugs break in.

I have some Path Audio resistors on the way. SO I will be also trying those. So if you have not jumped into the pool... You might want to wait!
I have no idea if the Path will be same, different better of worse.
But I bought a pile of them to find out.
The Path are shaped like an AA battery, but 1cm longer. Where the Duelund are like a pencil .. long and thin. Both types are 10 watt rated, and come in a lot of small values perfect for this sort of tweaking.
For folks wanting to stay on a smaller budget, Parts Connexion now also have 10 watt/12 watt Mills and Jantzen in many small values, beside Mundorf
( I'm getting my Path Audio from them too, plus many of the Duelund are still on sale there, though the supply 'on hand' (on sale) seems to be thinning out)(( so if they run out, there is always the Path Audio type))

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 04-24-2019 at 01:36 PM.