View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 PM

Default Major changes to my home theater

This will be the first time I have purchased speakers sight unseen. While I have heard these speakers in other peoples systems , never have I heard this particular combination for home theater. I'm giving my Magnepan to my brother along with a Citation 200 watt / Channel amp and hope to get his audiophile juices going again. He has a old Conrad Johnson pre amp and Mac mini for a source.

My new front 3 speakers will be Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento for the left/right (with full new warranty) from my local dealer and a Sonus a Faber Cremona M Center finished in the matching homage glossy red violin finish from Ivan. I have 2 JLF112 subs to augment the bass from Ivan. I had thought of moving the sonus Faber Elipsa from my 2 channel room but I love the way they sound where they are especially since Bill (metafacts) from Sumiko set them up and I don't want to move them . Hopefully the SF GM will not be too small for my home theater compared to the Magnepan's they replace. Pictures and impressions to follow .