Thread: My Last Hurrah
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 11:21 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Buck... your suggestion has a lot of merit, but let me share a few things about myself and how it may relate to an Audio System.

I have been extremely fortunate in my prior business; Financial Firm Owner. I’m not very fond of buying anything used; homes, cars, audio gear, etc.

The exception is if I am able to find a “Time Capsule”. I have found on very rare occasion older/vintage gear still sealed in the box. It’s not that something in mint condition is bad, or a deal killer. I just prefer brand new State of the Art, however I will consider your idea/proposal more than I would have previously.
Yeah, I was thinking about reliability/trouble as I was typing knowing there really is no way to control that ahead of time, even if you're buying from a reputable source, it's luck of the draw when you're talking equipment of that age. It would be a ton of fun though if it did "work out".
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3