View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Default Leopard in the Bush

My black leopard, er, cat, Ringo experienced rain for the first time today. Here he is in the multi-colored bush next to my front door.

This is also one of the first shots I took today with my (amazing) new Fujinon 8-16mm f/2.8 lens, which was purchased specifically for my RE/Architectural photography business. This fourth lens in the series of red-baged "XF" series professional zooms is notable for being perfectly rectilinear and provides a 35mm-equiv. FOV of 12-24mm.

Shot wide open at f/2.8, you can see Ringo's face & eyes are sharp, but there is nice fall-off of DOF with respect to the leaves in front and his chest and grass behind. The sharpness, color, acutance, contrast and micro-contrast of this lens is truly impressive.

Camera and metadata: Fujifilm X-H1, 16mm, 1/180th/sec, ISO800, f/2.8

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.