View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
I think the only way that the term investment should be used in the audio world is in regard to the enjoyment and experience that one will get from a piece of gear. I've fallen into the trap of buying a piece of equipment with the expectation that I could sell it later for what I paid or, even worse, a profit. I bought and sold many items in the headphone world before settling in on where I am today. I spent a lot more money along the way than I would have if i had just purchased my end game from square one - of course I never would have appreciated what I have today had I not taken that journey.

I too spent much more to be where I am now than if I just bought what I have from the beginning. But it’s a fallacy to think that it’s ever possible to start at the end state. I would never know what I wanted or had the conviction to spend what it costs without the experiences, good and bad, along the way
For that reason I like brands that let you come in at the entry level and upgrade as you feel the value.