View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
Well, I got the power supply back today. The workmanship looked very good. They even returned the old parts that they replaced.So I installed the new power supply. Plugged in the power, heard the HD start up and the red light started to do it's blinking and blinking and blinking. AND that as far as it goes DAMN I really wanted to believe that it would work. I am really not a very happy camper. Maybe I should fill it full of green lights and make it a night light
Ed,
Very sorry to hear your news. That is a blood pressure pusher for sure. In your first post you stated "my power supply is gone..." Any chance that was not the correct diagnosis of the problem? You wasted no money or time re-maning the PS, but it is possible that the drive or software (both of which can be bonked by goofy power) was an issue from the git go? If Dan is right, you should not be too far away from a solution hopefully. Key question as to Ft. Worth would be do they bench test the power supplies after re-maining (hopefully yes.)