View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
The Koetsu compliance numbers are @100Hz; their @10Hz equivalent (used by the online resonance calculators) will be higher -- roughly by a factor of 1.5x to 2x, at least according to resfreq.com.

So instead of 16Hz, you're looking at around 11.8Hz to 13.7Hz for a 9g Rosewood, which is much more acceptable.

I'm wondering about Clearaudio/Koetsu matching myself, since I've got a new Clearaudio table in sight and am considering either a Magnify or Universal arm. Though, with a Clarify, I'd be concerned about how a heavy/low-compliance Koetsu would react to the pure magnetic bearing -- that's just one more opportunity for a nasty resonance to wreak havoc.

I'm currently using my Koetsu with a Fidelity Research FR64fx, which is a great match, but this Clearaudio gear has such impressive build quality, and I'd like to move to a modern arm. I figure I'd pick up an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze (great cart even for a Koetsu lover) if the Koetsu doesn't work out great; I know the Cadenza/Magnify is a great pairing.
Difficult to say what numbers to follow, I know both spec well....Its been touched on that Koestu of old vs Koestu of new differs slightly regarding its numbers, how much I do not know. Many feel higher mass arms are better suited with the Koestu's. Anyway I would be courious how the CA arm would handle them, if you decide to try let us know.....

Last edited by Removed; 03-03-2013 at 02:11 PM.