View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
Koestu compliance is a bit low for CA arms.....put's the resonance freq. up around 16Hz.....not so good spec wise! Shoot for 8-12Hz give or take a smidge
The Koetsu compliance numbers are @100Hz; their @10Hz equivalent (used by the online resonance calculators) will be higher -- roughly by a factor of 1.5x to 2x, at least according to resfreq.com.

So instead of 16Hz, you're looking at around 11.8Hz to 13.7Hz for a 9g Rosewood, which is much more acceptable.

I'm wondering about Clearaudio/Koetsu matching myself, since I've got a new Clearaudio table in sight and am considering either a Magnify or Universal arm. Though, with a Clarify, I'd be concerned about how a heavy/low-compliance Koetsu would react to the pure magnetic bearing -- that's just one more opportunity for a nasty resonance to wreak havoc.

I'm currently using my Koetsu with a Fidelity Research FR64fx, which is a great match, but this Clearaudio gear has such impressive build quality, and I'd like to move to a modern arm. I figure I'd pick up an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze (great cart even for a Koetsu lover) if the Koetsu doesn't work out great; I know the Cadenza/Magnify is a great pairing.