View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
I’d like to drop a line that I moved my N802s to my bedroom as the theater is getting upgraded. I wanted an affordable easy solution. The new Sonos Amp, HDMI input for ARC, 125 watts x2 @ 8 ohms, 250 @ 4, this is powering these with ease!

$599 I have a compact, cool running, out of site 1 box solution that gives me easy networked audio along with audio from my TV.

Extremely happy.
Thanks for posting this. I have been seriously considering the Amp for our main system for a couple months now.

I would love to be able to use it with my B&W 683 S2s and a sub along with adding a pair of Sonos Play:5s for surrounds and create a 4.1 set-up. I'm simply concerned that the Amp wouldn't drive my speakers well. (They really opened up when I put 200 watts on them and they sound great.) Your post has me reconsidering giving it a shot though.

Sonos makes some great stuff. We recently put a Playbase and 2 Play:1s in the bedroom for a surround set-up. It is oustanding. The Sonos OS/ecosystem is excellent. We have been completely happy with it and are huge fans now.

If you have any other insight or thoughts on the Amp I'd love to hear it, thanks.

Cheers,

Scott