View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:51 PM

TOGA...if it's new then you definitely have warranty coverage. I checked on Goodwins Highend website and they have the product manuals for the Q3 and Q5 but not Q7, and for both of those speakers, the warranty coverage is 5 years. I am assuming the Q7 should be the same (it better be for that kind of money). So if your dealer comes to you and tells you "its no big deal," tell him you are never going to buy anoher component from him again. And here's why. Magicos are "sealed enclosure" speakers (meaning no ports). And they are tuned as such. If the appearance of a gasket implies that there is even the tiniest of openings in the seal between two side panels or anywhere in the enclosure of the speaker, then there is the possibility that it is no longer a "sealed" enclosure. You may not hear any appreciable difference now but what if another gasket appears on the same side or on other other side of the speaker? You should not be satisfied with anything less than a full resolution of this matter on the part of your dealer. You did not pay chump change for this speaker. They are under warranty. And it's their responsibility to get it resolved. You can obviously decide to do whatever you deem appropriate but if I were in your shoes, I would want it resolved. I know it's a huge speaker and it weighs a ton and it's a long way to ship and may be gone for a while and those are all your dealers problems now I have given you my best advice and I will now bow out. Good luck.